2018 Matrona Red Wine
The 2018 expression of our famed Matrona Red Wine showcases powerful, yet elegant aromatics of blueberry, black currant, and plum. On the palate, find hints of Cardamine, pie crust, and subtle notes of black tea. The 62% Merlot gives each sip a soft entry, and the remaining 38% Cabernet Sauvignon unveils a concentrated, deep richness that reaches every corner of the palate leading to a long, broad finish. This wine pairs seamlessly with a variety of options, but our recommendation would be a pasta dish with peas, pancetta, and goat cheese—springtime in a bowl.
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 14.7%
- Varietal: 62% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrel-Aged: 20 months, 100% French Oak
- 60% New